APRIL SKIN: PinkyPiggy Collagen Pack Review by Crimson Chrysanths




Hello, everyone!
I’ve been testing out and using this product for a past couple of weeks.

If you want to know what my thoughts, then please keep on reading! 😍📖


I got this collagen cream from Pepe and Ko and it retails for 80 dirhams. It’s pretty pricey for me knowing that I am only a student and at the same time there are a lot of good moisturizers out there that retails for only 25-50 dirhams. So, this product must better work! 

PRODUCT CLAIMS:
✔️ Good for all skin types
✔️ Contains 60% (600,000ppm) hydrolyzed collagen along with Tremella Fuciformis extract and Opuntia Coccinellifera extract to provide intense hydration and enhanced complexion.
(WHAT?)

Hydrolyzed (hydrolysed) collagen is composed of amino acids, which help form a new collagen in the body. Technically, we already have collagen on our body. Now, what it really is and why people are obsessed with it? Collagen claims that it diminishes wrinkles and fine lines. Although it is not true that your wrinkles can truly disappear even if you use all the anti-wrinkle products in the world (unless you undergo knife procedure), it will help it make less visible. Collagen also improves skin tone, minimizes scars, moisturizes, and firms and tones the skin. As a summary, collagen is a necessary protein that helps your complexion stay smooth and flawless.
Why am I using a collagen cream? It is because you should use anti-aging products as early as now. Once you already have wrinkles, it is already too late because there are no products that can make those disappear. And remember, taking care of your skin is not only skin deep. You should watch what you take inside your body too.
Now, what is Tremella Fuciformis? Tremella Fuciformis, also known as snow fungus, is a tropical and subtropical jelly fungus found on hardwood logs after heavy rains. But why is it on my skincare? You see, back in the imperial Tang dynasty, concubine Yang Guifei (713-756)—one of China's famed four great beauties—said to have credited the snow mushroom with maintaining her youthful appearance. Modern science can explain why. Tremella Fuciformis draws moisture to the skin like hyaluronic acid which can hold up to 1000 times its weight in water and can penetrate the skin more easily.
Opuntia Coccinellifera is a genus in a cactus family, Cactae. It promotes ceramide synthesis (skin barrier) and provides a natural moisturizing factor of the skin. It is commonly used as an anti-inflammation and anti-oxidation.

[DISCONTINUE USE IF] 1) If any red spots, swelling, itching or skin irritation develops. 2) If direct sunlight causes irritation. 
Please don’t! I paid 80 dirhams for this. Lol 
By the way, I tried to look for this product again on Pepe and Ko’s website for reviews but I couldn’t find it. Should I be worried? 
[CAUTION] 1) Do not apply on areas with scars, eczema, or dermatitis. 2) Possible contamination might occur if displaced contents are replaced back to the container.
That’s why there is a scooper for this collagen pack so you won’t use your fingers to dip in the whole thing. Sanitary purposes. Just make sure to wipe it off using a tissue after using and store in a cool, dry and clean place.




Moving on to my personal experiences

First of all, the reason I bought this product is I am running out of moisturizer (obviously) and I wanted to target the tiny fine lines under my eyes. I use this every night before going to bed. I use a different moisturizer in the morning since this collagen pack is a little heavier which explains the texture to be more on the creamy side and less on being liquidy.
I also like the scent of this product. Every time I use it, I weirdly remember my childhood lol. It is strawberry and kinda flowery fruity scent which brings joy to my heart. I am not bothered by it even tho fragrance can actually irritate your skin.
So far so good. I will still keep using it and hope my skin really improves.

Is it worth the price? For me, I don't know. There are really a lot of good moisturizers out there that is much more affordable. But since this is a collagen pack (which is more than a moisturizer plus the ingredients are good) and I used it as my sleep mask, the price for me is kinda like 50/50. The product itself is promising, yes. But I'm hoping that it should already give me a wow factor since I've been using it for a couple of weeks. But somehow, it kinda helps my fine lines under my eyes to be less visible.

Will I recommend it? I am not a fan but I also do not hate it. I'm just going to keep using it and try to empty the container.



That's it, guys! Thank you for reading ♡
xoxo
crmsnchrysnths


♡♡♡♡♡Please leave a comment/questions if you have any! Or if you are reading this in the future (since I've wrote it on 9/21/17), you can ask me on the comments my FINAL THOUGHTS!♡♡♡♡♡





Top view
Top view
Top view with lid 

Top view without lid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT IS SKIN BARRIER?

MY MINIMALISM GIVEAWAY CONTEST✨ 2017

CATALINAGEO MULTI RECOVERY BLEMISH BALM REVIEW! | crmsnchrysnths