MY UPDATED SKINCARE ROUTINE: June 2017





I have been doing this routine for the whole month of June which is summer in UAE. And because it made a difference on my skin, I will continue to do this until my skin needs to. 

FIRST STEP

Oil-based Cleanser.
It is really important to clean your face before anything else. Removing the blemish causing dirt or bacteria is the crucial part as this is the first step if you want to achieve a healthy natural glow. Use an oil-based cleanser as it gently but deeply removes dirt and makeup—even the waterproof's. 


This is my DIY oil cleanser/makeup remover. Click to read: 
DIY MAKEUP REMOVER OIL



SECOND STEP

Foam cleanser.
Double cleansing is the key. This is very important to make sure that all the extra sebum, dirt, bacteria are totally 100% out on our face. 
Now, I use to cleanse with a manual facial brush. This is cheaper than those electronic devices but is also highly effective. I will also going to try—soon—the charcoal sponges thing-y.
 

I'm currently using Dr. Belmeur foam cleanser from THEFACESHOP. 


THIRD STEP (ONCE A WEEK)

Exfoliating. 
 

I use VLCC Saffron & Blackberry face scrub once a week. Exfoliating is also important to help remove all the dead skin cells that was build up on our faces throughout the week. 


NEXT STEP

Mask (Wash-off type)
I also use the wash off type masks everytime I exfoliate. Which means, I only do this once a week. But sometimes, it also depends on what the masks do. 

 
( a ) For deep cleansing, I use 7th Heaven charcoal mask (if I need an extra exfoliating thing-y) or VLCC liquorice & fenugreek face mask (if I want to have a bright and nourish skin effect), depends on what my skin needs on that day, once a week after I exfoliate.
( b ) For daily use—or just for radiant and calm skin—I use LUSH rosy cheeks mask. I swear by this product that this is the most calming mask I have ever tried on! It leaves my skin super radiant which I love. We want to use this kind of mask whenever there's a big event that's going to happen.


NEXT STEP

Tone. 
People often disregard this step but this is also very important especially if you have an acne and pigmentation prone skin. Toning helps to balance the thing that's going on your skin. 
 
I use Witch Hazel as it helps to prevent acne, skin sores, redbess and swelling, excess sebum, and a lot more.


AFTER THAT

Sheet masks.
There are different kinds of sheet masks that you can use daily or weekly.
 

Daily masks are usually very light and gentle but is also powerful. Sometimes, I use masks daily and if I'm on a budget, I only use mask whenever I exfoliate and use the wash-off type. 
This is ny secret to have a natural, healthy glow. (๑╹ω╹๑ )


NEXT STEP

Essence.
I'm pretty sure that you have already heard it alot that the Essence is the heart of the skincare routines of Koreans. Well, this is true. Because when I started using Essence, I can see the difference on my skin! It's just super pretty. 

I only have a picture of the sample product but I'm going to have the real deal soon.

EIGHT STEP

Moisturize.
Now to seal all the good stuff that you have put on your face, you need a moisturizer. 

If you are familiar with the CTM method, moisturizer alone is enough. But that is basic. And we are so extra. We need to invest on our skin as that is our first line of defense against any odd.

 

I use Dove Beauty Cream at night and Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel in the daylight. That is because of their consistency. You wanted to have a lighter moisturizer during the day.


SECOND TO THE LAST STEP

Face mist.
It is also important for us to carry face mist around since it helps us have that extra boost we needed throughout the day. We don't want a dull, ugly looking skin. 
 

In skincares, we also need to set it. That's why we should use  face sprays. Just like we do with our makeups. Setting our skincare routine products thingy helps to stay the products in our faces so it wont vanish in the air and put it to waste.



FINAL STEP

Lipbalm and Eye creams.
We wanted to start using this kind of products as early as now to avoid any signs of aging. It is never too early to start using anti-aging products.
 

Sometimes, I substitute Vaseline as an eyecream. Because I am very much aware that all eye creams are expensive! Vaseline is a good substitution for that.



E X T R A T I P S

1) When you are going out in the sun, always remember to put on your sunscreen. Do not be lazy. You don't want dark spots and pigmentations in the end, do you?
 

2) I'm sure you have already heard it but when I have a huge zit that won't come off, I use Mario Badescu Drying lotion. I've made a review regarding this product. Click to read: 
Mario Badescu Drying Lotion Review

3) Blackheads? Don't worry, I also hate it! Got you covered with  7th Heaven Charcoal Pore Strips
Now to fully use the potential of this product, use a face steamer to open up your pores. If you don't have one, you can use a bowl filled with hot water and a bag of green tea. Put the bowl on the table, face down and cover yourself with towel. Use a towel to help the evaporated green tea water go directly onto your skin. This method will open up your pores.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT IS SKIN BARRIER?

MY MINIMALISM GIVEAWAY CONTEST✨ 2017

BEAUTY COMES FROM SELF-ACCEPTANCE | CRMSNCHRYSNTHS